 Trains / 17471
Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:09:58 GMT

I can imagine that for a retailer that if they can't fulfill an entire • order
some reason, it is probably easier to simply cancel the order as opposed • to
try and resolve a partial order.  I'm not saying it is right by any means, • I
am simply stating that it is probably easier and cleaner.

Is anyone aware of retailers who will fulfill part of an order?  I'm not • but
I don't buy that much online either.

I've had LEGO themselves do this to me in the past.  They send what they
have and backorder the rest, which is usually followed up later by
cancelling the backorder since they rarely get stuff in again.

I've also had other online retailers do this on previous orders as well.
it's always been my observation that if they have SOME of the order, they
will send what they have.

I think the problem in this situation is that, based on my own observations
in the past, I don't believe that LEGO pulls the parts out of inventory
until they have packed your order and charged your card.  So, if there is a
big order placed, even if it is placed after yours, if it gets packed before
yours then you are out of luck.  Granted, orders should be packed in the
order they were received, but with an operation as large as S@H that is not
likely to be possible 100% of the time.  Shear speculation here, but i'd
guess they get printed out in order, but then packed in whatever order the
warehouse people get to them.

Troy