 Trains / 17469
Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:53:26 GMT

"Britdog Lego" <lego@NOSPAMbritdog.com> wrote in message
Looks like I ordered too many then and they decided to cancel the order as • I
placed my order 7 hours before you did.
If the items were in limited supply, then I wouldn't have minded if they • had
modified the qty down so everyone got a chance to get some, but the whole
order was cancelled.
Ah well, so much for my faith in LEGO being restored! :-(

Next time anything like this happens, if I am going to place 2 orders - • the
first for only a couple of the product and the second for the real amount • I
want - that way I have half a chance of getting the first small order even
if S@H decide to cancel the larger one.
I wonder where these came from though - it kind of suggests that LEGO • found
a box or 2 somewhere and put them up for sale.

Richard.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I can imagine that for a retailer that if they can't fulfill an entire order
some reason, it is probably easier to simply cancel the order as opposed to
try and resolve a partial order.  I'm not saying it is right by any means, I
am simply stating that it is probably easier and cleaner.

Is anyone aware of retailers who will fulfill part of an order?  I'm not but
I don't buy that much online either.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com