 Trains / 17470
Re: Question for the train experts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 01:53:48 GMT

Oops!  I meant 4564, not 4565.  Anyway, thanks for the info!

~Adam~

In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia writes:
I'm actually more interested in 4565 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4564)

Are you talking about 4565 or 4564?  The engine in 4565 (VERY) loosely
resembles a GE 44-tonner with it's center cab.  If the engine in 4564 is
real, it's a european prototype.  I know it never showed up in Model
Railroader.  Indeed, most of Lego's trains are based on European protoypes,
due of course to the location of Lego's hq.  The Krokodil is based on a real
loco (euro), and the double stack container car is based on older style
intermodal cars.  4563s engine (again, VERY) loosely resembles an NW or SW
style switcher.  The "steam" locos aren't based on any real engines of
course, since they don't actually have drivers >:^|    And of course, 4559
and 4561 are completely fictional.

Hope that helps.

-Stefan-

In lugnet.trains, Adam Murtha writes:
I'm curious which of the Lego trains are based on actual trains.  There are
obvious ones like the Santa Fe Super Chief and the Metroliner.  I'm actually
more interested in 4565 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4564) specifically
right now.  But I would be interested to know how many are based on real
trains, and how many are not.

~Adam~