 Town / 2060
Re: Town building contest begins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:49:09 GMT

<snip>
My wife and I had a question about the "Rent" sign on top of the building.
We both loved your theater building, and my wife thought that "Rent" was an
advertisement for the show that was playing at the theater. She says that
"Rent" is the name of a really popular Broadway Musical

In lugnet.town, Eric Kingsley writes:
This might sound strange but you are both right.  I actually did the sign
before I even thought of doing a theatre and at the time the sign was ment as a
"For Rent" sign.  Your wife is right however in that the show "Rent" is a very
popular Broadway Musical and many people now assume that is what is meant by
the sign.

Anyway it could work either way so just use your imagination like we do with
LEGO all the time :).

BTW I am considering changing the sign at some point but for now it remains as
"RENT"

<snip>

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

Thanks for the reply. I told my wife before I posted that you would probably
answer similar to the manner you did - even down to the "It's LEGO, so you
can imagine it either way".  I got a good chuckle out of that, since it
appears we AFOLs think a lot alike.

Whatever you change the sign to, I hope it sparks as much interest as this
one - double meanings (accidental or not) are quite creative!

We look forward to seeing your next iteration! Like you, I spend a lot of
time just collecting parts in preparation for several joyous sessions of
construction.

I hopefully will post some of my creations soon to the contest. There are
some fabulous designs already posted that have really raised my
consciousness as to what is possible with the brick.

Mark Chan