 Town / 2023
Re: Town building contest begins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:36:47 GMT

In lugnet.town, Bram Lambrecht writes:
OK, I guess I'll start entering:

A few suggestions:

First, Javascript isn't necessary to load images, operate buttons or pretty
much anything else. Some people surf with it turned off to avoid pop-up
advertisements. Javascript is a tool for advertisers and little else.

Second, you used Javascript to, apparently, call a Windows function. That means
it doesn't do anything on my Unix machine at work or my Linux and Mac machines
at home.

Please link your thumbnails directly to the jpg's. If you must use Javascript
to put the larger image in it's own window, there's a function you can use to
open it in a new browser window that is platform-independent. I believe it
looks something like this...

javascript:window.open('url', 'name', 'width=640,height=400')

Thanks,
Amy