 Town / 2026
Re: Town building contest begins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:59:22 GMT

Second, you used Javascript to, apparently, call a Windows function. That • means
it doesn't do anything on my Unix machine at work or my Linux and Mac • machines
at home.

Please link your thumbnails directly to the jpg's. If you must use • Javascript
to put the larger image in it's own window, there's a function you can use • to
open it in a new browser window that is platform-independent. I believe it
looks something like this...

javascript:window.open('url', 'name', 'width=640,height=400')

If you looked at the source code for his page, he is using this function.
Bram's winload() function is not a platform specific call. It is a wrapper
function for the window.open call.

Bryan