 Town / 2058
Re: Town building contest begins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:18:12 GMT

In lugnet.town, Mark Chan writes:
In lugnet.town, Eric Kingsley writes:

Here is what I have so far:

Diorama
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/mainstreet2/
Main Street multi-building scene.

<snip>

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

Eric, that town scene is beautiful - absolutely beautiful. All the buildings
go so well together, and the Timmy foreshadowing/ finishing touch is
hilarious.

My wife and I had a question about the "Rent" sign on top of the building.
We both loved your theater building, and my wife thought that "Rent" was an
advertisement for the show that was playing at the theater. She says that
"Rent" is the name of a really popular Broadway Musical (I trust her on
that, she's the culturally enlightened one - I'm just a Philistine who
spends all his time playing with plastic bricks)

Is she right, or is this just a "For Rent" sign?

This might sound strange but you are both right.  I actually did the sign
before I even thought of doing a theatre and at the time the sign was ment as a
"For Rent" sign.  Your wife is right however in that the show "Rent" is a very
popular Broadway Musical and many people now assume that is what is meant by
the sign.

Anyway it could work either way so just use your imagination like we do with
LEGO all the time :).

BTW I am considering changing the sign at some point but for now it remains as
"RENT"

Thanks for the comments by the way.  If I ever get some free time I am planning
on expanding the scene quite a bit.  The next addition will probably be a
police station.  At the moment I am just collecting Window, Doors and other
parts so that when I get time I will have all the parts I need to build several
other buildings.