 Technic / 2588
Re: Feedback on the Airtech Claw Rig (8868)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 06:44:24 GMT

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:43:29, "Geoffrey Hyde" <ghyde@ledanet.com.au>
wrote:

Of course, I don't know anyone that would toss a lump of dirt into a washing
machine to test a theory, other than a scientist or researcher, although if
you have young kids it is possible you will be tossing in heaps of caked-on
mud, which, essentially, is dirt ...  ;-)

Actually,  I'd pick "young kids" as the most likely to perform the
experiment.  With "engineering undergrads" a close second,  and "a
scientist or researcher" a distant third  ;-)

I'd be leery of using a clothes washer:  it seems likely that the
agitation would bash the pieces against one another,  causing
scratches and edge/corner dings.

Ran