 Technic / 2563
Re: Feedback on the Airtech Claw Rig (8868)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:39:00 GMT

In article <G2n08t.4GD@lugnet.com>, harrington@macgenius.com (Sean
Harrington) wrote:

One of the older Technic kits that has shown up on my radar is the 1992
Airtech
Claw Rig 8868. Feedback from set owners is good in that both people who
claim
ownership mention it as one of their favorites.

The problem with getting ahold of one is that most are coming out of
Europe.
What few are available in the US are usually opened. My minimum level of
purchase is sealed bags with manual (and stickers) in good condition,
so these
kits don't play well.

I'm hoping that Emmanuel at DYA-Shopping in France finds a stash of
these
somewhere and makes them available online (start digging, Emmanuel!).

Either way, is the Airtech MISB or MIB worth the $300 it routinely
fetches
online? Let me know.

- Sean

I have two of these and recently made one up as to sell on e-bay.
I have to say it was the most difficult models I have made
in Lego technic.
However when complete the self contained moving parts powered
by the on board compressor are a delight to behold.
As to value it is worth what someone will pay for it.
You will be pretty darn lucky to get one unopened, who after all
buys a toy and leaves it in the box (apart from me !)

Michael Pratt