 Technic / 2577
Re: Feedback on the Airtech Claw Rig (8868)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 01:59:41 GMT

BTW, I've never thought of washing Lego in the washing machine - I have • images of
16 length beams snapping and snagging and all other manner of horrors!

I don't worry about the 16-beams as much as I do about all the little bits
that can slip through the holes in the wash bowl.

The simple solution is to use those "lingerie bags" or whatever they call
them in your part of the world. These are variously-sized woven-nylon bags
with a zip top. They keeps everything together (so you don't have to
retrieve little Lego parts that have managed to lodge themselves ino the
internals of your washing machine) as well as providing protection against
snagging etc. I have heard of people using them to wash Lego in dishwashers
too, but I have no personal experience of that.

There seem to be two kinds of lingerie bags, mesh ones and non-mesh ones.
The mesh ones are only OK for washing bigger pieces which can't get out
through the holes in the mesh. I guess the disadvantage of the non-mesh ones
is that any big lumps of dirt will remain in the bag, as it can't get out,
but I don't find this a problem in practice.

Kerry