 Technic / 2578
Re: Feedback on the Airtech Claw Rig (8868)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:43:29 GMT

Kerry Raymond <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message

There seem to be two kinds of lingerie bags, mesh ones and non-mesh ones.
The mesh ones are only OK for washing bigger pieces which can't get out
through the holes in the mesh. I guess the disadvantage of the non-mesh • ones
is that any big lumps of dirt will remain in the bag, as it can't get out,
but I don't find this a problem in practice.

Well, they would have to be pretty hard lumps of dirt.  If you just toss a
handful of loose dirt in the washing machine, it will be dissolved in the
washing waters, and the washing machine detergent you hopefully put in along
with your washing will be more than glad to help it's dissolution with the
enzymes it contains.

Of course, I don't know anyone that would toss a lump of dirt into a washing
machine to test a theory, other than a scientist or researcher, although if
you have young kids it is possible you will be tossing in heaps of caked-on
mud, which, essentially, is dirt ...  ;-)

If you are referring to fluff or something akin to that, then yes I reckon
it would probably be unable to get out, and stay behind.  But I haven't seen
much LEGO that suffers from a fluff problem, have you?  ;-)

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde