 Technic / 2583
Re: Feedback on the Airtech Claw Rig (8868)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:26:59 GMT

"Michael Pratt" <mpratt@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
Yes but Lego are definitely past their prime.
The current sets are not a patch on the ones from the seventies and
eighties....which is why they are so collectible.
Agree! Just built the old sets (851, 852, 853, 855, 8848) again for the
first time in a decade and they beat the new sets hands down (except the
shuttle maybe...). But with bulk sets and Brickshelf.... Allthough I have to
admit having the original printed instructions does give it that extra
something. But if that extra something is worth $100 or more?
I'm about to get into building some trains (oops, wrong list) and was
looking at the '84 cat. I dare say that the old 7740 looks better than any
train they've done in recent years....

But then again I am the sort of person who wears clothes from a thrift
shop and would never dream of buying a brand new car. Old is best.
My motorbikes are 20, 24 and 64 years old, and I don't have a car. Leather
jackets should be second hand. Music sounds best on vinyl.

Michael Pratt age 43 !

And I'm only thirty......