 Technic / 16561
Re: Technicopedia Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 02:41:17 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Stump Dunn wrote:

Eric, Do you intend on providing information for the Robotics themes ?
If i recall correctly, you've done DACTA.
what about:
supplimentary packs
bionicle
racers
racers/ferrari
Discovery

I don't want to overburdon you but some of these kits are considered Technic by
some ?

At the moment, I don't intend to cover any of the above except the racers which
are clearly Technic.  I'd like to go back and do the supplemental packs at some
point.  Bionicle is right out.  There was only one Discovery set which I'd call
Technic (the rover), which I don't even have any more.  I haven't done any
DACTA, although the 8094 is very similar to a DACTA set.

Mindstorms is a tougher one.  At the moment, I am not covering it.  I am a
mechanical guy, not a programming guy.  Still, Mindstorms is good stuff.  Maybe
I'd be willing to take contributions from others if they wanted to write about
these sets.

There's lots of stuff I'd like to go back and add once I get caught up to the
present.  But that doesn't appear to be happening too quickly!  ;-)  On the
other hand, I guess if someone wanted to donate the Mindstorms sets to me then
I'd have to write about them.......

Eric