 Technic / 16668
Re: Technicopedia Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2009 22:30:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Stephane Simard wrote:

Hi Eric, awesome update.

It’s no wonder that I only have three technic universal sets in my collection - and one of these was a gift, 8020. The other two are 8082, along with 8456, the fiber optic set from 1996, which I consider a universal set despite the numbering. Never wanted to bother with the rest.

I read the entire thing this morning. I noticed a few typos, such as using whatever instead of whatsoever a few places.

I no longer have a proofreader, so please feel free to let me know where you’ve found errors and I’ll correct them. Just send me a personal email.

I feel the same about the universal sets. I find that 8062, 8082, and 8094 are very good. The others are good if you don’t have any other Technic sets and can only buy one or two, but otherwise not so much. The 3 in the 8400 series which are not technically universal sets (8456, 8479, 8485) are all excellent though.

Eric