 Technic / 16315
Re: Technicopedia Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:27:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Albrecht wrote:
   Update

All of the sets from 1984 and 1985 have now been added, including the first pneumatics!

Eric

Technicopedia

It’s nice to see the old Technic sets again. Of the first ten years I think I have almost all Technic sets because then it was new and inspiring. Later on it became less interesting because the sets weren’t real life anymore.

I was always wondering where the pieces from certain models in the idea books came from (e.g. 8888 and 8889). Some sets were just available in the US and I saw set 857 and at first about ten years ago. How would you ever build the blue truck from idea book 8888 without this set? It’s quite rare and unfortunately I don’t have a copy. But I have lots of those pieces to create several ones but without the box and instructions the set is not complete.

Interesting site.

BR, Dennis