 Technic / 16316
Re: Technicopedia Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:20:17 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Always a delight to browse! I especially like Benjamin's LDraw mechanical
drawings... What about linking to these LDraw files, it would help to grasp more
complex mechanisms such as 8865 gearbox
http://www.ericalbrecht.com/technic/8865/8865cxmsnsmall.jpg

Philo

Thanks,

I had been corresponding with Benjamin and mentioned that making the Ldraw files
takes longer than everything else I do to write Technicopedia.  He graciously
offered to make a few files for me which really helped out.  They are not full
models, but only the technical portions shown in the images.

I've been considering adding Ldraw files to my site, but I have only a small
number of them.  I'd love to see files for all the Technic models in one place
and, thankfully, Ldraw files are very small to host.  This will probably be one
more thing to add to my list of improvements to make after I get all the sets
added.

Eric