 Technic / 16536
Re: Technicopedia Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:16:13 GMT

One of my goals with this site was to make the interface simple and not
require any special plugins to use it.  That being said, I could probably
accomplish something like you requested with Flash, although I don't have the
tools to do it.  The other thing I considered was an embedded Quicktime
movie.  It would still play in a loop, but you could freeze at any frame and
advance to your liking.  This would require a plugin, but it would work.
Quicktime VR would be even better.  Then you can zoom and rotate.  Again
though, I do not have the tools to do this.

You might also consider PTviewer. It is a java applet, so no plugin to install.
See an example of use here: http://philohome.com/objectvrgallery/vrobj.htm

Latest version of applet is available here:
http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/ptviewer.htm

Philo