 Technic / 16317
Re: Technicopedia Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 23:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Albrecht wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
   Always a delight to browse! I especially like Benjamin’s LDraw mechanical drawings... What about linking to these LDraw files, it would help to grasp more complex mechanisms such as 8865 gearbox http://www.ericalbrecht.com/technic/8865/8865cxmsnsmall.jpg

Philo

Thanks,

I had been corresponding with Benjamin and mentioned that making the Ldraw files takes longer than everything else I do to write Technicopedia. He graciously offered to make a few files for me which really helped out. They are not full models, but only the technical portions shown in the images.

I’ve been considering adding Ldraw files to my site, but I have only a small number of them. I’d love to see files for all the Technic models in one place and, thankfully, Ldraw files are very small to host. This will probably be one more thing to add to my list of improvements to make after I get all the sets added.

Eric

Humm,...

it sounds interesting what you are talking about.

Can you link to Benjamin’s website to see that LDraw models?

I’ve looked for, but didn’t found it...

Eric, I love your idea to use animated gif photos, to show the mechanisms working!

BR,

Fernando

TechnicBRICKs