 Technic / 16562
16561  |  16563
Subject:
Belated flatbed design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 06:40:41 GMT

Hello

Sorry this is old, but I can't really build anymore since I am in art school.
This is a design that many people have already seen, but it was tweeked, shall
we say about a year ago, even though the truck has been around since 1999.  The
suspension is pendular.

The main way its tweeked is the suspension and the systematic way to lower the
ramps.  As far as accuracy, not many non-lowboys would carry a load like this
but due to the proportions it would still work in real life and probably be
driveable under a bridge.  The dolly design is made up, but a real trailer that
is not a lowboy might work like this.  However, the way of lowering the ramps I
have seen in real life before. The pics were taken in a park by the Art
Institute.

I also had a chipper design that was about 1/2 way done but it had to be
abandoned to work on classwork (Industrial Design).