 Star Wars / 643
Re: Production runs (was Re: Blasters for SW minifigs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:50:51 GMT

<sigh>  I Really hate having to explain jokes to people, it means they never
have to work it out for themselves  which is where all the actually
enjoyment comes from, but here goes.

Anyone who got the joke the first time can stop reading now, it will only
spoil it for you.

Yes the nutella thread was off topic,  I replied to it but in order to bring
it back on topic.  I added and OBSW  (short for OBligatory Star Wars
reference)   The body of the OBSW ( see below) is a reference to Luke's line
in Ep4 Where he says "awwwww, But I was going into Toshi station to pick up
some Power Converters"  At this point in the story we have only just meet
Luke and this line is the defining moment of his character, it pegs him as a
whiny brat who likes to get his own way.

As for why its funny....  Nutella is a sickly sweet chocolate/hazelnut
spread and so far the only people I've meet who like it seem to be whiny
Brats :-)   Luke's a whiny Brat so it stands to reason that he should like
Nutella,  Tying this in with the line from Star Wars that defines Luke as a
Whiny Brat is the funny bit.  (and the bit that saved an off-topic thread)

Another not so funny example that ties this whole thread back to Lego would
be:

Darth:  "Luke, I know that you are getting Lego for Xmas."
Luke:  "Impossible, how could you know that"
Darth:  "I felt your presents"

Cheers
Tim

Scott wrote in message <36DD6EB1.A496D10@agate.net>...
So what part of this am I missing?? How does this fit into Star Wars??

Ryan

Tim McSweeney wrote:

tsk, tsk,  don't know your Star Wars very well then do you?