 Star Wars / 589
588  |  590
Subject:
Production runs (was Re: Blasters for SW minifigs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:28:47 GMT

Steve Bliss writes:
There are 7 characters on the logo.  3 of these have been produced as
mini-entities.  I'd say there's not much affinity between being on the
logo, and actually being a minifig.

Steve

It's probably a false impression, but I keep seeing (here and on RTL) people
assuming that because something doesn't exist now, it won't, period.

All that we've seen is the first release (and one set from the second release,
with rumours of others) - I've heard varying reports of how long the TLG/LF
contract is, from two years to 8 years - but regardless of how long it is, you
can bet that if these sell they way it looks they will, TLG is going to make
more, and make different ones.

Maybe I'm off in mushroom-land, but it seems to me that TLG did a *very* good
job of keeping the Star Wars stuff under wraps - AFAIK, no one had pictures of
these things until the catalogue - given the track record of other toy
companies keeping SW merchanise hidden, that seems pretty impressive, and says
(to me, at least) that we are really unlikely to have the slightest clue of
what SW sets Lego is putting out until they do.

$0.02
James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/