 Star Wars / 582
Re: Blasters for SW minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 07:11:20 GMT

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ...
Perhaps this has been discussed already...

In case not:

It doesn't appear as if any of the minifigs have hand held blasters.  Is • Lego
going back to the days when they did not have any guns?  Or perhaps they
figure

(snip)

I think the 'camera piece' held backwards by the Hoth ground personel is
supposed to be a blaster. (It would even be a fairly good approximation if
it weren't too big.) It can be interpreted in other ways too, which is
probably TLG's way out out of the difficult dillemma of combining the Star
Wars universe with the no-modern-handguns policy. The Ligh Sabers are
another welcome way out of that, which may explain their large number in the
sets.

Eric