 Star Wars / 581
Re: Blasters for SW minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 05:17:38 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
I would have to agree with Ben about the blasters, but the only thing I
can see that the characters that TLG has brought out only used
lightsabers, namely Obi-one (sp?), Darth Vader, and Luke. I can't
remember if the speedbike pilots had blasters or not, I watched Return
of the Jedi a few weeks ago, but I can't recall...

Yes they did

Doyle

As for Han Solo, and Chewbacca, they aren't in the first set releases,
and I doubt if they ever will be. Can you imagine the cost of the
Millennium Falcon? ($150.00USD-$200.00USD easy!) How would they make
Chewie anyway? Put a brown ghost over a mini-fig? (J/K)

Scott Sanburn

Ben Fleskes wrote:

Perhaps this has been discussed already...

In case not:

It doesn't appear as if any of the minifigs have hand held blasters.  Is • Lego
going back to the days when they did not have any guns?  Or perhaps they • figure
Luke, Ben, Darth and company do not have any use for a hand held blaster. • And
the biker storm troopers have their hands full with their speeder bikes.

I'd be dissappointed if none of the minifigs had blasters.  Imagine a Han • Solo
without a blaster or Chewbacca without his bowcaster (is that the right • name?)
Of course you could always use a standard Lego Castle crossbow...

All the space ships have big laser cannons.  So their should be blasters • with
the minifigs.  In my opinion anyway.

Has this been discussed and hashed already.  Guess I could search for it, • but
I'd rather vent then deal with a search feature right now.

Thanks for listening.

Ben