 Star Wars / 5072
  Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

Do anyone know when Star Wars Episode 1 video tape will be out? I thought they will sell it this month for christmas. I have looked around and there is nothing. Anyone? Ron (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) It comes out in May. On the third. You know, a year after it was first released. Karl Martinson Raymart@jam21.net (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

Hi Ron -- According to The Force.Net ((URL) and they are usually v. reliable on these things), TPM will be released on video, in both widescreen and pan & scan, on 4th April 2000. This date is for the UK and US versions -- suggested retail in the US (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) Sheesh! That is more than many anime videos, and they seem to be the most expensive around (or at least around here)! Jeff P.S. Average video price around here seems to be $14 to $18. Maybe I've just been lucky about the films I buy. (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

LFL seem to use the introduction of new Star Wars material as an oppportunity to introduce a new price point -- I believe cinema tickets have been revised to new price levels with the introduction of each new SW film after ANH. Similarly, the new (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) Yup, it did. I'm glad you wrote your afterthought out, though - at first I thought a crazy bug and found my monitor. ;) shaun (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) Actually it did not map on my Windows '95 machine at work. I will have to try it on my '98 machine at home to see if it is built into the character set there. As a side note I work developing software for IBM and being a global company (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(follow-ups to off-topic.fun) (...) I wouldn't know for the old ones, I was too young to see most movies in theatres. :) However, The release of TPM didn't change ticket prices outright around here. In fact, most places seem to have stayed the same. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Why not wait

Hey Ron this may sound crazy but why not wait! I waited to buy my 1st star wars video set (ANH, ESB, RoJ) until they came out together in the holographic collectors set. You know that once all three prequiews are out they are going to do this and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

Yes, I can do that but the problem is that most of you already see the movie in the theater. I haven't and it is impossible for me to see it in the theather anyway because I am deaf! That is why I asked when the video will be out, so I can rent it (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) With any luck, Lucas will refrain from any more Special Edition chop jobs... The soundtrack from TESB, and the suddenly moralized Greedo blaster shot scene, still make me cringe. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) Not to mention the stupid cute-and-cuddly Jabba scene. But you know, we can always hope that TPM SE will be Jar Jar-free. (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) Of course, that would cut the running time to about fifteen minutes... Dave! (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) What do you mean re the soundtrack? The ending celebration music in TESB? I didn't mind that change so much, although it should have been in a key that matched the ending-credit anthem. Completely agreed re the Greedo / Han gunfight. It just (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) Does anyone know when they are going to get around to releasing any of the Classic Movies on DVD? This is killing me. I have the classic's on VHS and Laser Disk and I like the VHS because you don't have to get up and flip a disk but I like the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) The music continuity is broken in several places, most notably in several Cloud City scenes. 'Tis a shame, because TESB had the best music of the three, IMO (though it might be surpassed by Duel of the Fates...) Also, the men's choir piece (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) Worse than that, it cheapens the redemption/evolution his character undergoes. That, and the afterthought Greedo shot just looks awful. Dave! (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy Sproat writes:> (...) Exactly! Han Solo was intended to be a pirate, riff-raff...George Lucas has been won over to the Dark Side...AKA Disney! Things have gone downhill since 1980. TESB had a dark edge that both ROTJ and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) -- (...) forget (...) TPM on DVD in the near future. Lucas wants to wait until the next two epsiodes are complete and in the can and before releasing a "definitive" version of all six films on DVD, or whatever technology replaces the format by (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) I guess all I can say to that is I hope you are wrong. I personally don't want to wait 6 years to get these on DVD. I would also think that Lucas is probably missing the boat on this one if what you say is true. I personally, being a hugh fan, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

Sproaticus wrote in message <385FC6FB.935AB6F4@io.com>... (...) Processed. (...) I couldn't stand the Ewok song. I admit, I got caught up in the hype and listend to that song over and over on AM radio when it first came out, but when I heard it in (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

Okay i'm lost now. I remeber (let me look at my original ANH tape) that han shoots first at greedo in the bar. What on earth is everybody talking about greddo shooting first? Those this happen in the special edition version that came out about 1.5 (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) Yes, in the Special Edition version, George Lucas screwed this scene up badly. Lucas replaced the scene of Han blasting Greedo with a badly shot, bad looking scene where Greedo shoots first. You can tell that the actor playing Greedo didn't (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) I agree completely! To reiterate an earlier point, the greater problem is that Han's evolution as a character is watered-down, so that he's no longer a self-serving rogue finding redemption through a cause--he's an okay guy who remains an okay (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) I'd have preferred Milli Vanilli music over that ridiculous Ewok nonsense. For that matter, I've preferred Rob and Fab themselves over the stupid teddy bears, but we all know the George-wanted-wookie...ave-worked story. (...) I've said this (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) You know, Rob and Fab would've been cool to watch -- esp. with the casualities they'd've taken during the battle. ;-) (...) Well... Before ROTJ was released, everyone and their dog was oohing and aahing over Fett, based upon the few minutes he (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) Nah, they'd probably have acted like they'd been injured, but it would really have been someone else. (...) That's interesting, especially considering the superultramegaheavy-duty marketing push they gave Darth Maul, who likewise had about 2 (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) The running joke among my friends is that the Stupid Little Spacemonkey ("Blarp" from Lost in Space) should have had a meter over his head, ringing up the number of dollars from the SFX budget that were going to animating very second he was on (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) Watching the previews or end credits or something (I don't remember - I *tried* to put that movie out of my mind), you see that the Spacemonkey grows up to be a big monstrous space monkey when they cross continuums. But either they ran out of (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) Ran out of time is most likely -- I know they certainly were frantically rendering scenes for it on the supercomputer here at BU only three weeks before it was in theatres. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) holographic (...) going (...) No such luck I'm afraid. The DVD version of the original Trilogy will not be released untill the completion of Episode 3. This new DVD version will be called (tenatively) the Archival Edition. (So goes the rumor (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) epsiodes (...) all (...) want (...) probably (...) See this message. (URL)Eric K. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) According to Amazon.com, the VHS release date is April 4, 2000. But they've started taking orders and it's a wicked hot-seller already! As of today, in fact, it's the #1 and #3 top-selling VHS videos there. (#1 is the widescreen edition, #3 is (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)