 Star Wars / 185
184  |  186
Subject:
Being a pilot in SW universe (was Re: Thoughts on 1999 sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 07:25:00 GMT

Yeah, this mission was an X-wing mission. (and they were not freighters,
they were troop transports..and it was not a star destroyer, it was a
Nebulon-B frigate...and it was absolutely not impossible. Just fire twin
torpedoes to each of the transports, then charge your shields up to maximum,
stay charging level of shields at normal and lasers at maximum, dive
directly into the mines with twin lasers, not bothering to lock them in your
targeting computer, and blow them using eye contact -use force Luke,..use
force...:-D. Two or three sorties should be enough.. By this way I could
manage to destroy all the odds, long before the frigate appeared. It
requires pin point targeting skills though, which yuo could improve in
maze.)

Selçuk

Jesse Long wrote in message ...
Selçuk wrote in message <363CA49A.D23AB4BE@nospam.superonline.com>...

In the old game, they were my favorite too, for a gemeral purpose craft,
especially when the striking side was the rebels. I remember destroying • more
than 60 T/F T/B T/I assortment and 5 blockade runners at a time w/o any • wingmen
while the mission was only "identify the capital ships" ..:-) But it iwas
somehow fragile when there were too many of TIEs around and while the • mission
was escorting some sort of small vehicles like troop transports and/or • shuttles.

That mission wasn't half as bad as the near-impossible one where you had to
destroy the two freighters and the two dozen lazer firing probes, all • before
the Star Destroyer came and crashed the party.  But I think that was an
X-Wing mission.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?