 General / 521
Re: Thoughts on 1999 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:31:35 GMT

It's LEGO.  There's only so much that can be done in the way of
scale-modeling realism.  If they wanted to make an accurate scale
model, they'd have to make a bunch of specialized new structural
pieces.  Which is what most of us were afraid would happen.  "New for
1999: Star Wars LEGO! Just put these 5 pieces together, and you're
ready to play!"

I'd rather have slightly clunky-looking models than non-LEGO models.
I'm *very* happy with what they've done.

Steve

Copletely agree, till the end. I always like the "logo look" ogf the models, and
like imagining very much how soft this curves are indeed, of this studs and
corners...:-) (to see what I mean, look at my older models at LeoCAD Model
Gallery page, especially look at the ship hulls, and aircraft fuselages/wings)

By the way, starwars sets are the ones that I dreaming to see, from  structural
point of view. They are much more "lego" then what I had believed that they
would be some sort of SW Jr. rubbish. (I fall in love with the Y-wing with the
first look..:-)

Selçuk