 Star Wars / 16383
Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:14:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Schamp wrote:

   3. Jon Palmer: I love your work and even made a direct copy of your G-Wing because I was awestruck and fascinated with your use of the Duplo egg. I waited 6 weeks to find such an egg on Ebay and began this copy. This was an intellectual exercise because I learn new things from everyone here everyday, and I still have a lot to learn (someone politely and correctly pointed out that most of my work is sub-par). You will not find any pictures of my copy of your g-wing on Brickshelf because it was just that…a copy. Your original work, your original idea, your original design, my copy. I would never have suggested selling it because I do feel that would have been wrong because there was nothing of me in it. However, I did invest an awful lot of myself into my Gunstar and I have no qualms that it is mine to sell. I see a distinction between my Gunstar and my copy of your G-wing that perhaps you do not, which is fine.

I appreciate the good things you’ve said. I also appreciate that you’ve come in here to try and work this out. This thread got pretty silly real quick. I’m just trying to look out for Mark and stand up for what I think is right. I admit that this issue really pushes my buttons. I was upset when this happened to Bram too.

I’m not sure anything is resolved but maybe that’s ok this time. As an aside I really don’t think you should sell your brick, you’ll want it back. Trust me.

Take care,

    j o n
zemi.net
moonbase