 Space / 29002
Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:47:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Schamp wrote:
My wife and I are buying a house and she wants us to sell our indulgences.  So I
am selling my Lego collection, and I was wondering how much interest there is in
the Lego community to buy MOC of the Gunstar from The Last Starfighter.
Here are some pictures:

So please tell me if you think it would sell well on Ebay and what a fair price
for it would be.

Hiya,

I can speak with hindsight so please bear with me here.  I sold off a collection
of over 300,000 parts last year.

I won't try to discourage you from selling your collection if that is what you
really WANT to do.  I would recommend against it, as you will miss it, but if
you want to... and this sounds like a legitimate reason do such, you will
probably enjoy recouping your investment.

I would recommend keeping something nice from your collection, either a favorite
MOC, or a special set.  Perhaps the Gunstar is a good candidate for this?  Its
up to you, but if you get rid of all of it, I am certain you will regret that.
I did... and I do.

Okay, now to your questions.

I tried many methods.  Selling your MOCs is the least successful.  Its hard to
find interested buyers and they actually grab less than the parts would get on
Bricklink in a lot of cases.  Yes, some MOCs do grab more, but they have to be
outstanding in some way.

Do you think I should try to sell these as well?  Any comments you have would be
appreciated greatly.

Basically, no don't bother... nothing against your MOCs either, and I'm not
saying anything about the design copy issues with Mark... MOCs just don't sell
that well.  Try Bricklink and part out your collection.

good luck, and I hope you know what you are doing.

Joel Kuester