 Space / 29021
Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:33:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Matheson wrote:
Mark does not "own" this design.

The point is *not* whether Mark owns the design or not.  The point is that
Mark
will feel cheated.  If I were in Mark's shoes (hey, wait, I have been in the
same situation...like 3 times), I'd feel the same way.  By selling his
Gunstar,
Ryan won't make many friends in .space, regardless of whether or not he
has the
right to do so (which he probably does).  Having the legal right to do
something
doesn't make it a nice thing to do.

I agree Bram, I made that point in my post, I can completely understand why
Mark feels cheated.  my point isn't where the inspiration of where Ryan's
MOC came from, but it's just that when I first read Mark's post it felt to
me as if it was a little nasty.  I'm not implying that Mark had no right to
feel like he did or even that he was responsible of making an attack.  All
I want to say, and I have felt like this a few times on various issues and
I'm speaking up about it now, is that the way Mark' response was structured
perhaps wasn't the best way to address his point.

We are never all going to agree on anything, nor are we going all become
enlighten into the whims of others.  I just think that we should be a
little more courteous in the way we say what we say.

I'm sorry to Jon and Mark if anything I have said is view as a slur against
them.  I have the upmost respect for them both and on the occasions that I
have had dialog with them they have both been courteous and polite.  I love
the atmosphere that exists in this forum and I hope to be a part of it for
a long time to come.

as they say...

Leg Godt
Travis Matheson