 Star Wars / *11998 (-100)
  Star Wars Galaxies Trailer w/ LEGO ads

I really don't know why I bother to get these updates from Sony, seeing as how Galaxies won't be available for Macintosh (yet the trailer below is in QuickTime...duh, Sony!). Thought I'd share: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: New MOC: Senate Platform

Wow! I really like how you did that :) Yoy did a great job of capturing the feel of it, while keeping it in the same compression scale as the official Lego sets. The engines are perfect, and the hexagon shape comes across pretty well. Are you going (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LUGCO meeting highlights 11-3-01

"Todd Arntson" <taa23@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GMCyLt.HJo@lugnet.com... (...) That is indeed the APC from Aliens. Todd made that and he's got all sorts of Aliens goodness cooking up. -Jon -- | The Galactic Shipyard - (URL) My website - (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugco, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town)

  Re: New MOC: Senate Platform

Wow! that looks spectacular! Great design there Brucey, I love the cylinders min the back. :-) -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  New MOC: Senate Platform

here's a link to my latest custom (stated above): (URL) are also available please let me know what you think! thanks guys Adios, 8^) Brucey-Wan Visit My Site - (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Quick review of the Rebel Blockade Runner

Hi Dan, I'd like to get the set and convert it for use with minifigs. Is that feasible given the instructions for the set? What the interior pieces? Can it be "hollowed out" easily? Or would extensive revisions be required? Either way I'm getting it (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  2002 Episode II Lego pics online!!

These are REALLY, REALLY AWFUL QUALITY images. Someone took black and white snapshots on a $20 digital camera, of a distributor catalog, from the looks of it. You can barely make anything out at all, but there's lots of set names and numbers, at any (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Episode II teaser trailer - 'Breathing'

I presume everyone's seen this by now, since it came out yesterday... (URL) You'll need QuickTime5 viewer, configured for streaming, and no, it's not the hoax one. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Quick review of the Rebel Blockade Runner

I've built it, and I'm impressed. I put together a few pics while I was building it using the Vision Command, sorry for the poor quality. (URL) best thing about this set is the minimal use of stickers. There are large ones one each side just above (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB!

Ah, tis’ good to see the plague has spread to other themes. ;) Now the carnage will no longer be segregated to .harrypotter! Honestly though, I do believe that this ‘inside-joke’ solely involves the three of us! And perhaps Larry… It’s nice to know (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB

(...) *hee-hee-hee!* Wait'll Richard sees this! So many silly inside jokes, so little time, eh? Thanks for the laugh, LFB! Matt (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

In (URL) what is the dark grey vehicle in the right hand side back ground? An Aliens troop carrier? Nice pictures! -Todd Lugnet Memeber 949 "Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message news:GMCoxq.F9r@lugnet.com... SNIP (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugco, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB

(...) Nah, they wouldn't--the Ewoks have the new Stubbies™ (1) instead of regular minifig legs. (...) See above. They appear to be new legs entirely, not a 1x2 hinge. I Could Be Wrong. But I agree that it's a combination of the two-- a head with (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB

i think the design lego chose will allow the ewoks to be slightly less tall than an ordinary minifig.. if they followed your 'head and hood' idea, the ewoks would be regular height. i believe they were using chewbacca, rather than the gungans, as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  LUGCO meeting highlights 11-3-01

I journeyed from Tulsa to the Oklahoma City area this weekend. On saturday I attended my 3rd LUGCO meeting at Todd Trotter's house. This time we had a total of 4 people show up. Michael Daniel brought some snacks and some of his favorite Town sets. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugco, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB

Here is the verbage from the initial set description that we had onsite some time ago: You can build the ultimate Jedi Master with the new Ultimate Collectors Series Yoda model. The finished model stands 14 inches tall and has great detail. (Some (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where?!

Hi David-- As suggested in another follow-up, by "news" I really just meant the front page, though I was leaving open the possibility that someone might see this thread after the item scrolled off the front page, which is why I phrased it as "news (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Scan Request

Could someone who owns set 10019 please scan the pages which advertise the new 2002 sets and post them to them to Brickshelf. High Resolution Scans if possible please Thanks No Stranger to Danger Dark Knight (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB

(...) I thought I read that the Yoda was going to be a $99 set. Anyone know when it will be available? It is definitely going to be a parts pack for me. Jonathan (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Scans of 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner box and some pics from the instruction book

As I managed to get my Vision Command camera working about 15 minutes ago I took some snaps of the new Rebel Blockade Runner box. Only 15 minute until I leave work and go home - with a bit of luck pictures of the completed ship will be up before I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Rebel Blockade Runner in my hands!

I saw a rumour about the 10019 set shipping early in the UK (sorry, too excited to remember which group and who posted it!) and I was hoping I might get it by the end of the week, and just 5 minutes ago the doorbell at work rang and there it was - (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB

This is not intended to be an attack on TLC designers - just a discussion! (...) I'm surprised that the Ewoks don't have standard minifig heads (brown/lt. brown/tan/grey with whiskers of course) and long brown/lt. brown/tan hoods. This method would (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW 2002

(...) Why are they remaking Slave I? (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB

(...) I like Lobot too--it also offers the prospect of using him as a Classic Smiley if one wishes. (Not that anyone would, but I might...Secret Lobot!) (...) They look like yummy, yummy chocolate. Mmmmm! I hope this is a nougat Ewok (and not an (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW 2002

(...) Don't laugh. Surely many Bothans died to bring you these readouts... (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB

(...) paint job, first seen on Professor Quirrel afak. But, if they can paint Chewbacca, why can't they paint the ewoks? At least spot the nose and eyes in black. And do I need to point out that that Yoda sculpture is terrible? Useful for parts (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB

Tim just posted pics of the Ewok mini-minifigs (although the scan cuts off the legs so you can't see them), the Yoda UCS Sculpture, and the Lobot minifig that comes with the Cloud Car set. (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW 2002

(...) No kidding! Honestly, why did they even bother? I really can't make out a thing... Matt (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  SW 2002

(URL) b&w pics but ooooooohhhhh!!!! Sure looks like a mini-minifig Yoda there in 7103. The wait begins.... John #388 (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where?!

the news is strait dow the middle of the page....., its hard to miss the links to the pics. G David Simmons <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:GM5J7v.2nL@lugnet.com... (...) this (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Updated Shuttle MOC (thread dragged over from .general)

(...) I'll have to go look at it again to check out those effects, as they didn't compute before. What details changed? If possible, you might consider putting up one of the old photos, just to highlight those changes--my memory isn't what it used (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

Thanks, LFB. They're new photos of the same model with minor detail improvements, to be precise. I wanted to clean up the background as well, so I placed the shuttle on the back of a road sign for the metallic reflective effect. It's the back of an (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Heh. I like that shuttle, by the way; I remember posting something to that effect around Christmastime, but the gallery says it's new. Was there a prior incar- nation, or are they just new photos? LFB (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where?!

(...) Hmm. There is no news tab that I'm aware of; if you click the link below and scroll down the page, you'll find it. The "news" that Kevin is talking about is the front page of FBTB, at least how I see it. It's the announcment that starts: "LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Where?!

Where the heck is the news tab? Can someone explain to me how to find it? This is the second time someone has posted that there were new pictures on FBTB (the time before being the RBR info), and I couldn't find them even after clicking on (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Get my DAT files for a Death Star project

Get them at (URL) warn: a complete Death Star is NOT included. hope it will give you ideas, Damien (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Get my DAT files for a Death Star project

Get them at (URL) warn: a complete Death Star is NOT included. hope it will give you ideas, Damien (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ok I wanted to point out that in the Jedi defence set the Obi-Wan figure has his braid printed on his torso. --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 set list on FBTB!

(...) I should have took that bet... ;) -chris (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2002)

  Re: 2002 catalog scans at FBTB

Ok, ok - I hear you :) I did that quickly so you could see them and I could get back to the evening with my wife and kids - I'll work to get higher res/bigger scans up later this evening (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2002 catalog scans at FBTB

Thanks for the scans...but could you post larger scans so we can see the details better Thanks No Stranger to Danger Dark Knight (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  RE: 2002 catalog scans at FBTB

Haha - nice - "Attack of The 50 Foot Ewok" Thanks for the scans!!! /Jesper (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  2002 catalog scans at FBTB

Tim comes through again. (URL) -- see news for today, 29 Oct. Warning: certain theme fans (SW, Potter) may like what they see, but System fans should prepare for disappointment. Kudos to Lego, regardless, for creative use of Dinosaurs parts (see (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars) !!

  Re: Scans posted

(...) You are most likely correct. Time will tell... (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: Scans posted (Final Duel Ripoff)

(...) What Jack Stone piece? The only Jack Stonesque piece in Final Duel is the Life on Mars portal piece on the section with the rails, AFAIK. LFB (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted

Snape's head is glow-in-the-dark color. Don't ask me why. Peeve's head (actually, all ghost heads) are grey. I'm thinking the Imperial is dressed in grey. I have been wrong before. Allen D. Carley (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted

Isn't Professor Snape's head (I think it was his) from the Harry Potter LEGO sets an olive green? One of the heads really looked that color on the box, but I couldn't see the pieces themselves. It was definitely not grey in this case. Naji (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted

Not to mention that all of those Imperial soldier fellas wore either black or gray uniforms. I can't recall one wearing any sort of green. (...) can (...) being the (...) the (...) doesn't (...) next (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted

(...) I've been looking at it all morning, and I'd have to bet on the color being the standard dark grey. Granted, the leg looks a bit different in color than the dark grey plate that the fig is standing on, but the color difference doesn't seem (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted

(...) a) Thank you for posting the scans b) I enjoyed Aquazone the first couple go-arounds, should be good in this new AlphaAquaZone version. c) The new Star Wars sets look as close as you can get to mini-figure packs while still being considered a (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: Scans posted

(...) ...I'm not sure on this one yet, but it does look pro missing... ...Can anyone make out the details on those arms? They look like new pieces in the joints. (...) ..."stink"? For $13 I think they are great! 6 figs including an imperial officer (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted

(...) Can anyone figure out just what color the minifig to the left of Luke is? It looks almost like a new color of green - olive green, perhaps? Could this be a hint of yet another color of bricks to play with?? We can only hope!! JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted (Final Duel Ripoff)

(...) has 5 (...) It must be the Jack Stone piece that is driving up the cost. Haven't you noticed that the Jack Stone sets are priced like they are made of "gold"? :) Rose (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted

(...) Holy crap! Anyone else noticing those (I assume clicky) new ball-joints in the arms of the sub? Sweet. I just hope the joints and the arms are seperate parts - could Lego be making Megabloks-style uber-specialized arms? let's hope not. On (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Scans posted

(...) You mean the one with the German SS officer? Why, I think it looks simply yummy! 'Sposing I'll find myself with a goodly number of these ones :P -s (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted (Final Duel Ripoff)

(...) figs, but really, are minifigs that expensive for Lego to make? Sheesh, Jason (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Star Wars Sets UCS Blockade Runner and Darth Maul

(...) Sorry I'm a little slow and I didn't read back far enough in the archives, so I'm sorry about the redundancy. (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans posted

(...) Sweet! 2k2 set! It looks like it could be a spider, the rumors might be true!!!! (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Scans posted

(...) is pretty neat--at least those arms and that canopy, anyways. I may have to get me one of those. But man-oh-man, do those Final Duel sets stink. The only redeeming value is the one with the stormtrooper and imperial officer--for the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Star Wars Sets UCS Blockade Runner and Darth Maul

(...) Yep, this broke here about a month or so ago, so the initial rush of discussion is long over. FBTB ((URL) has a partial list of next year's sets as well (though no graphics), as well as additional shots of both models, in the news archives. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Scans posted

Scans of the S@H offer for the 2002 K7200 Final Duel sets and 2002 Ogel sub are here: (URL) bionicle comic info are here: (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle) !

  New Star Wars Sets UCS Blockade Runner and Darth Maul

If anybody has the new Lego catalog for this Christmas they know that two new Star Wars Lego sets have been introduced. One seems to be a Master Builders type set, like the Statue of Liberty set. It is a bust of Darth Maul that appears to be (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Pic of 7200 7201 Final Duel sets

Yeah, show us the scans! (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2002)

  Pic of 7200 7201 Final Duel sets

The Nov-Dec mania magazine has a special offer for lego club members. You can order set K7200 which consists of 7200 final duel I and 7201 final duel II for $13.98. $14 for 52 pieces, pic shows emperor sitting on throne with a gungan sub window for (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2002)

  Re: millenium falcon question

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GLKuLE.A1w@lugnet.com... (...) as to (...) getting <snip stuff> (...) an (...) is (...) LOL!!! You weren't the only one about to 'fire at will'... I've heard of abusing someone just (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Gangsta' Rap

(...) Yoda, why you gotta be a playa' hata'? :) That was great! -Dave (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Gangsta' Rap

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing! Heeeheee! -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars Gangsta' Rap

My brother ran across this last night, and I wanted to share it...too funny! (URL) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.starwars)

  Question for scandinavian lego fans

I've heard claims from a swedish lego fan today that he has already received his "Darth Maul Bust", which Lego's site claims won't be shipped until the end of the month. He is also claiming to have a 2002 catalog. Personally, I don't believe a word (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Light Sabre Blade color

The blade in the HP set is Trans-Dark-Pink. Troy "Mark Chittenden" <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message news:GLMALy.MKz@lugnet.com... (...) Sabre (...) light-blue (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sale at Chicago Lego Store

(...) Well, i checked it out and there were still some MTTs, Droid Escapes and technic battle droids, but the Pod Races and X-Wings are gone, replaced by the Millennium Falcon and B-Wing for $109 and $19, respectively. Slave-1 is still there for (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Light Sabre Blade color

(...) Mara Jade's lightsaber color? (I think it was purple) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Light Sabre Blade color

The Harry Potter set # 4723, Diagon Alley? Shops, comes with 4 Light Sabre blades ('deluxe magic wands', would be my guess). One of them is a light red/purplish color, the other three are previously seen light-green, light-blue & red. (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sale at Chicago Lego Store

(...) that's very strange....there were quite a few MTTs and X-Wings left, and i cant believe all the Podrace sets were gone. However, have found the employees at the Chicago store to be profoundly useless. I asked a lady there if she knew anything (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: millenium falcon question

(...) ?? what are you basing this charge on? Calling someone who worked hard to produce an inventory "not very bright" isn't the way to encourage them or anyone else to do more inventories... (not everyone is going to go check to see who, and learn (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: millenium falcon question

Thanks for the responses guys, and thanks also for showing me Peeron, which was one of those names I had heard thrown around, but not figured out what was yet. To answer the other question, I would be using the grey bricks mainly for castle stuff, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: millenium falcon question

(...) C'mon guys. . .first stop, as always, should be Peeron: (URL) the guy to did the inventory isn't very bright, but *anyone* can do an inventory, right? Like the inventories for 8001, 8808, 10018, and 10019 that still need to be done. . .:) As a (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: millenium falcon question

(...) Magnus, Here's a list of the different bricks in tan, lt. gray, and dk. gray: 1x1 Brick Round 6 Dk. Gray 21 Tan 1x1 Brick w/ "Headlight" 10 Dk. Gray 1x2 Brick 33 Tan 1x2 Brick w/ Locking Hinge - male 4 Dk. Gray 1x3 Brick 10 Dk. Gray 1x4 Brick (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: millenium falcon question

(...) Ummm. good question. It dose have a lot of gray bricks. Almost every tan part is a 1x1 cylinder. I like the dish parts but I don't know if they can be of any use. There are four sets of click hinges and a ton of gray and dark gray plates. By (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  millenium falcon question

Hi, I was wondering of some of you starwars heads could give me some input as to whether or not to buy the Millenium Falcon. I might be interested in getting it for all the grey, dark grey and tan (if any) bricks that come with the set. but I'm not (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LotR won't happen

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in news:GKG7HE.E0H@lugnet.com: (...) whoo small heads! great for those shamans to play with. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re:off topic, Auxilla now a porn site...help post!!!!!!

Note, I have went to the site, and it is a Europian Porn site now, just to let everyone and Todd and Sue know!!!! Maby I am confussing this with the Fibblesnork thing, but better safe than sorry! I know this is not the right group, but I could not (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sale at Chicago Lego Store

(...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sale at Chicago Lego Store

A call to the Chicago store reveals that yes, they do ship, but no they don't have anything on sale. I even asked specifically about star wars. So either it all sold really quick, or the girl on the phone was blowing me off.... Troy (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Sale at Chicago Lego Store

So I thought I'd saunter over to the Michigan Ave Lego store on my lunch break, and much to my surprise a bunch of stuff was 50% off! The clerk said they are clearing stuff out (possibly for new stuff?). Here's what was on the shelves as of 10/18 (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Stuff

Well, don't have time to write a descrip, but here's some new stuff (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 DVD

(...) Well, since it was officially "the day to go out and buy a dodgy bit of animated Sci-Fi that you aready owned on VHS but was FINALLY being released on DVD for you to buy again" -- I did ... and bought all 26 episodes of The Clangers. Much more (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  7144 and 7171

A local store has 7144 for $15 and 7171 for $35. If anyone would like these sets I would be happy to send them to you at cost. Just let me know. Quantities were 7144 (8) and 7171 (3). (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 DVD

Here (off the top of my head) are the ones that I noticed (I think they're all new): - a ton of new podracers introduced prior to the race (about half of the ones included in the deleted podrace intro are now included in the film) - Anakin's mom (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 DVD

(...) I haven't read much documentation, but am I correct in thinking that a few changes were made to the pod race sequence within the film (rather than simply in the "deleted scenes" section)? I don't recall Anakin reattaching the loose tether when (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 DVD

(...) If that's how you feel, that's fine with me... But some of the scenes that were cut were fantastic, and though I own TPM on VHS I had to have the DVD. I've loved Star Wars since I was a kid (born in 78, grew up with SW) and I find TPM a (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Modest site online

Hello all! I have just updated my still modest site. The Star Wars pages are now updated with a three-page gallery with my own modifications and customs. The non-SW-site is based on the LEGOLAND Space versus Blacktron theme. (URL) LMKWYT Alexander (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 DVD

I'm with you, Bryan... I'll be cutting school in about twenty minutes to go pick mine up. TPM rules! - Thad (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  RE: Episode 1 DVD

(...) Or save your money and get both...The DVD rip showed up on the campus network a few days ago. (Not that I'm condoning piracy...) --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode 1 DVD

(...) ::yawn:: Or you could save your money for almost any other purpose and spend it more wisely. Vote with your dollars, people. Don't buy crap. -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Episode 1 DVD

Just wanted to remind everyone that the Episode 1 DVD gets released today. Go buy it now! (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: life size "LEGO" saber

I've posted the mpd. I forgot to mention that Darth Maul's lightsaber can be made by making a second blade and inserting it in the bottom of the hilt, just like the actual mini-fig lightsaber. --Jack (...) news:20011014032513....hoo.com... (...) (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISCC: Droids of Akabakar X

(...) You aren't joking! The pictures are worth perusing even if you don't use the translator (which I'll do later today). I love the big brown beasie....that is quite a diarama. -Dave (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  ISCC: Droids of Akabakar X

Hello, Since Thomas Bendt can't post here in LUGNET, I'm announcing his StarWras entrie for the ISCC: Droids of Akabakar X The story is in German, but use Babelfish to get a (funny) translation. However, the pics are worth the look: (URL) Grüße, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISCC: Let your ideas take flight...

In case people missed this since it was announced to .contests only... This may well be the most ambitious (and richest, broadest, and potentially the funnest) contest ever staged in the LEGO world that wasn't put on by LEGO itself (and it surely (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.western, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact