 Space / 6843
Re: modular components for sharing designs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:39:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
well,
in bricklug chat room we got to talkin
about brainstorming a standard airlock size
for MOCs, and then came up w/ the idea that
rather than impose a std, we could just make
little modules that would join 'your' MOCs
airlock to a standard, i.e.

Your ship <=> airlock module <=> other MOC

so then it occurred to us that something like
the Workbee could be used to move these
airlock modules around...

the upshot of all this is that when we have
gatherings, we could all build components,
and then show up and they could all hook
together.

additionally,
we could standardize some sort of technic
connection for the airlockmodules, and/or
we could build a large spacebase and then
dock all the ships to it via the modules

btw, these airlock modules are basically
= to docking rings ;-)

-paul

Hi,

This is really cool.  As long as The Standard makes sense, I'd totally go
along with this idea.  So, who designs this thing now and where do we get to
see it?  Looking forward to this sort of stuff...

For anyone interested in things like this, check out this thing I'm working
on: http://minispy.tripod.com/lego/hexadyne/index.html
(not too much is up yet, but the FAQ will sort of explain it for right now...)

cheers!
Joel K