 Space / 6842
Re: Workbee (Star Trek MOC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:35:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
very cool,
because its useful :-)

while we're on the topic,
how come there's so much SW lego on the web
and so very little ST?

personally i prefer Star Trek

-p

Me too.  Not that I dislike SW, no, not at all.  It's just that even if it
is fantasy, ST put a lot more emphasis on explaining how they solved
problems.  And in doing so developed a believable (well, within context)
"technology".  I follow that technology very loosely, but for me it has
helped me to design systems into my ships that have at least *some*
function.  Unlike classic space, in which an "engine" was an oversized
rocket cone that was attached to a 2x2 90 degree modified plate.  In other
words, where the heck was the engine?  And the fuel?  :^|  I always had a
problem with that.  Some people have created their own technology, and
that's really good also because they too have shown great detail.  I
personally think that when you already have a large creation, it's nice to
see some technological detail.  Like Mark's most recent freighter.  The
engine area was huge!

:^)  Of course, this is coming from me, Mr.Plain-boxy-ship.  I think I will
continue to examine all the MOCs by you great AFOL's out there closely for
detailing ideas.

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.