 Space / 6691
6690  |  6692
Subject:
Workbee (Star Trek MOC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 01:39:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Everyone,

Back on December 23rd, when I went to Wayne Hussey's house to help work on
his rocketship, Wayne asked me to design a Workbee based on pics from a Star
Trek book Wayne owns. He had been trying his own design, but he wasn't
satisfied with it.

My design is based on the pictures in the book, but allowing for attachments
using Technic pegs or 1x2 bricks.

I stopped by Wayne's house last night after a SEALUG meeting, and Bill
Farkas dropped in and helped with some cosmetic revisions (the airplane nose
bits on the sides), as well as building a fuel rack for the Workbee to tow.

You can actually see Workbees in the background if you're watching some of
the spacedock scenes from the Star Trek movies.

Workbees have an integral Impulse engine and a crew of one.

Anyway, here's some pictures:

Workbee with no attachments.

Workbee towing a fuel rack

Workbee schematic:

AssaultBee combat attachment (Warp nacelles with phasers)

AssaultBee schematic:

More pics are available in the main directory:

Enjoy

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations