 Space / 6882
6881  |  6883
Subject:
back on track ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:10:32 GMT

well,
i don't know how this thread got so off-topic so fast
but after more discussion in chat,

the bottom line here is NOT TO IMPOSE
a standard on anyone,

turns out there are a few salient points:

1.  std for minifig airlocks is diff than
2.  std for cargo doors

also

3. std connector for connecting the
    docking components together

-p

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
well,
in bricklug chat room we got to talkin
about brainstorming a standard airlock size
for MOCs, and then came up w/ the idea that
rather than impose a std, we could just make
little modules that would join 'your' MOCs
airlock to a standard, i.e.

Your ship <=> airlock module <=> other MOC

so then it occurred to us that something like
the Workbee could be used to move these
airlock modules around...

the upshot of all this is that when we have
gatherings, we could all build components,
and then show up and they could all hook
together.

additionally,
we could standardize some sort of technic
connection for the airlockmodules, and/or
we could build a large spacebase and then
dock all the ships to it via the modules

btw, these airlock modules are basically
= to docking rings ;-)

-paul