 Space / 34123
Re: Space Cargo Container Standard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:28:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens wrote:
   Hello space-a-rinos,

I don’t know if a final standard for moonbase containers has been figured out, but here is my humble attempt at a solution. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85105

It’s smaller than other’s I’ve seen and less part intensive (for trading you could make one out of slopes and bricks that looks the part). It can be customized easliy at the points where greeblies/computer tiles are. It has plenty of room for stickers. It can be expanded by 4 studs for larger container. Most importantly, it fits inside the cooridors. I do know it’s not “dockable” with anything (although I think a clamp could be made to grab it on the handles.)

Whatcha think?

I like it. The handle clips on the bottom could also be slider guides for stacking it sideways along tiled ledges. I believe that newer versions of the clip handles are offset down to be flush with the bottom of a brick...twould work well, methinks.

-G