 Space / 32344
Re: Space Cargo Container Standard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:56:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
I'm wondering if no one saw my last post under the old thread
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=32271
but I've done exactly this and it works great.
I'll post some LDRAW files when I get home tonight : )

I really like your cargo modules and would love to see this extended into a
"real" standard, published on the Moonbase website.

This is very close to what I'd envision as a standard.  I really like the
ability to put Moonbase connections on the ends of the 2x16 module and on the
sides.  Just like the Moonbase standard, any of the end connections would be
optional.  Someone could create a cargo container that didn't attach to a
Moonbase corridor (e.g. open crate like container containing equipment meant to
be attached outside the pressurized volume of the Moonbase).

The only pieces to nail down for a true "standard" would be the exect height and
pieces on the top and/or bottom for stacking.

I'd also like to see an 8x8 module standard for "half length cargo containers".

Jeff