 Space / 32439
Re: Space Cargo Container Standard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:57:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
Xanthra47 wrote:
I'll post some LDRAW files when I get home tonight : )

More pics of cargo space and rail elements : )

The modular cab & thruster assemblies rendevous with long-range
hyperspace haulers in orbit above the moonbase and bring TEU's down to
the surface.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargo-lighter-1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargo-lighter-4.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargo-lighter-12.jpg

On the surface, the TEU's are transferred to rail lines
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargotrain.jpg

The cab/thruster units can also be used to land pre-fab moonbase modules
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargo-mb-delivery.jpg

Cargo system gallery Post moderation :

Hi Jason -
Wow, that's a very nice and versatile system!

I like the way the endcaps work, functionally and aesthetically. One thing I'm
not so keen on is the doors on the side. One, they cast the impression that the
container is structurally weak on that plane. Two, it just seems like too much.
I *do* however like the mounting points on the side as you can orient them
sideways and link them up a la space train.

I've been thinking of modular space transportation systems for a while, and was
going to build a dropship or transport ship for Jake's modules. I like it how
yours link to each other without a frame needed to tie them together.

I think I'll build one soon and see how I like it in person.

-Tim