 Space / 34124
Re: Jade Empire: Kushinata
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:47:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

The KUSHINATA

A Jade Empire scientific shuttle, studying atmospheric phenomenon. Yeah, that means it doesn’t have any guns, or whatnot. The Wings double as both sensor recievers and solar panels. Fun Times.

General design is supposed to be the shuttle version of the Lo Pan, and side panels that come off inspired by Ryan Wood’s Nacon hovership. They were fun because they gave me a chance to really design an interior, including ceiling. The exchange is that you gotta keep in mind what blocks what, and that can get kinda rough. Also, the roof is low (5 bricks high), which can create problems for setting up the figs. I want at some point in time to do a crew shot, but prolly wont for a while as the figs are “built-into” the ship and would be a total pain to get out.

I like the cramped feel of the crew comparments. The computer screens everywhere make it seem dark and almost Romulan. The delicate attachment of the keyboard is nice. The bands of green work well, although the ship seems a little heavy on the light grey, maybe some more dark grey would help that? Something about the recievers/panels seems akward. Not exactly sure why, could be just me. I checked out the Lo Pan and I didn’t get that same feeling. Perhaps because they are so big? (Of course they would need to be large to collect solar engery and recieve anything.) I’m curious, why did you choose to not continue the green slopes on the horizontal set of panels? Did it not look right? Lastly, I dig the shape of the hull, using snot to get the slopes into those orientations worked great.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG