 Space / 32954
Re: more info? (was Re: .space Subtheme Guide)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:39:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Felix Greco wrote:

   .space Subthemes

Hey Kevin,

Whats the status of all this? After Ryan Wood’s Jade empire creation I went over to the subtheme site to get more info on what the Jade Empire is all about, but there’s not much info there.

Is the site going to have that info?

And in the meantime, can Lenny or anyone else post some more info about the Jade Empire? Whats their M.O.? Are they analagous to communist China?

Felix

Thanks for the interest. Basically everything I know is already on the page (except the most recent developments, I haven’t updated in a week). I simply collect information from posts, and occasionally ask builders direct questions.

The whole subtheme idea is relaxed. There really aren’t any rules or regulations, no one has made maps and histories and so forth (at least to my knowledge).

However, to answer your question, it is generally understood that the Jade Empire represents China, Communist China, or at least the East Asian area in general. So, I would *assume* they are loosely allied with Eastern Block, and are enemies with Pre Classic Space, but as I am no way involved in the shaping of the JE theme, I can’t say for certain.

Chris Giddens created the theme (he seems to be the mastermind behind most themes). He mentioned it in a few posts, but never built anything. To create interest in the theme, Lenny “repainted” an EB hover tank. Now Steve Runnels and Ryan Wood are creating for the theme. As you can see, it’s passed hands alot. Personally, I like the theme alot, and hope future MOCs reflect some sort of asian feel, although I am not sure how that would come about (Ryan’s latest might be considered as such). That’s why I don’t build JE :)

~Kevin Blocksidge