 Space / 32953
Re: Jade Empire: Jiao-zhan Dou
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:52:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:
   I was wondering how you were going to design this....it’s tough to come up with something alien, but not looking completely crazy like a b’hovaknuka con tiki tiki somethingorother ship. The colours with the dino tails give it just enough to make it alien.

For me the best part is the construction of the main cockpit...using the clamshell pod opening that Chris Maddison came up with for his pods, but beefing them up with the exterior struts looks amazing....love it.

Good stuff Ry....diggin the figs too.

Cheers, -G

In the beginning, it was largely based off Lenny’s Elefant and Steve’s Sinicus, but obviously I needed to take liberties and work on my own style for the theme. The cockpit portion of the ship is vaguely similar to the style of Keith’s current project. I thought the angular/geometric look combined with the curvy oval of the rear portion and the wavy accent of the tails was the look to go for, and you can see that thought process throughout the building pics.

I actually am not a huge fan of the figs, note that they never appear in their cockpits of the ship. I only took the one photo of them. Giddens has some better ideas for Jade pilots which I’ll use in the future.

Thanks for the comments, Gil. :)

--Ryan W.