 Space / 32952
Re: Jade Empire: Jiao-zhan Dou
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:42:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Laswell wrote:
   I was going to compliment you on such a cool sand-purple ship...but then I realized it wasn’t sand-purple. Judging from the Fett torsos, it appears to be a mix of dark-grey, light-grey, trans-green and (I think) sand-green? I thought maybe it was my computer screen, but a few of your images look very grey compared to the first one. It’s kinda sad, since that dull purple look is pretty cool for it, though I have to agree that the “Jade Empire” name suggests that it should probably be more green.

I’m not fond of the landing gear, but the rest of it has a cool other-culture-ly look, even without the horns.

Oh yeah, how exactly did you go about putting visors on the Ninja cowls?

Thanks for the words, David.

I edited the pictures on a mac at school, but now that I’ve seen them on a couple of different PCs I am dissatisified with the colors. Aside from the washed-out look, I’m proud of my photography this time around.

The landing gear aren’t as greebled as I could have made them, but that’s they fit seamlessly into the ship’s surface. Maybe I’ll do some more work later on and see how I feel about them.

“Organic” and “alien” and “other culture-ly” are words being used to describe this ship, and I’m glad that’s how it’s being viewed since that’s how it was intended. :)

The visors actually went on pretty easily, there’s not much to explain. You have to get them in just the right spot. They pop off relatively easily with a minimal handling, but they look good when they stay on.

--Ryan W.