 Space / 33003
Re: Jade Empire: Jiao-zhan Dou
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:27:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:
   Oh, I know Elefant wasn’t an original Jade Empire manufacture. Doesn’t change the fact that they have some sort of ties to the Eastern Block, and thus might incorporate some design aspects into their ships. My thoughts, anyways.

On the basis that China and the U.S.S.R. used a lot of the same equipment, that makes a certain amount of sense, but I’d prefer to see a lot more oriental influence on the design (otherwise it’s just swapping red for green). Speaking of which, I just realized that everyone seems to think that green is a strict necessity for a Jade Empire theme. While the green shade known as Imperial Jade is the most prized and expensive color (and therefore probably the most famous), jade stone comes in a wide range of colors. Being that it’s the Jade Empire, they’d probably want to associate themselves with Imperial Jade, but outside of that reason, colors that could be appropriate are green, dark-green (if they ever produced basic bricks in it), sand-green, light-green (lime), purple, sand-purple, brown, dark-orange, tan, light-yellow, black, dark-grey, light-grey, and white. Possibly also teal/turquoise/aqua and Maersk blue.

   Chris posted what I was talking about in regards to the figs. Since this new subtheme is still developing, we may yet see even more ideas for pilots.

Yup. Saw them. I think the A-Wing pilot works okay because of the green thing, but it seems somehow too Western traditional. I like the version with the OE torso better because of the clearly Eastern design, but I still like Leonard’s idea with the Stingrays torsos the best. It’s got the green thing going for it, and it has a weird geometric design that could pass for Eastern influence.