 Space / 32990
Re: Jade Empire: Jiao-zhan Dou
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:41:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote:
   Hey Ryan, this little Jade empire number is pretty sweet. It looks like it was inspired by your cylon-p38, with a little podness thrown in for good measure. The use of the dino-tails was a nice flavor to help set it apart as a JE construct. Upon seeing it I immediatly tried to encorporate a tail into my own JE fighter, but it just didn’t work. I’m a little confused on the color scheme, I thought the JE color scheme was standard green, but I guess the theme is so new that its still evolving. Back to the Jiao-zhan Dou, the back end was the only downside for me, it just doesnt look as organic as the rest of the design. Best when viewd from the front or top I’d say. Great job as usual. -Keith

Thanks Keith. If there’s any C-38 in this moc, it wasn’t intentional. :) But I do sort of see it, especially when looking from the rear.

Don’t worry about the colors. I’m not! I’ll be doing light gray and green sometime, too. They all work pretty well, imo.

I’ll be honest...I wasn’t going for a completely organic look; more of a hybrid mechanical/curvy look, but however people see it is up to them. Which part of the back end in particular sticks out?

--Ryan W.