 Space / 32594
Re: .space Subtheme Guide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 16:03:49 GMT

   I can also see someone eventually getting bent out of shape because they created a theme but no one else is building creations for it!?!

I don’t think that any person should expect others to add to their subtheme. Personally I’d prefer it if people didn’t add to any subtheme I contributed... but that’s just me :-)

See, this is where I think a lot of confusion comes in. We’re talking about two different things - personal universes and subthemes. PU’s are such where people can make them as detailed as they want or as strict as they want - it is the right of the builder to control everything.

To me, a subtheme works like a fan created version of a official TLG theme - the very point is to invite many builders to contribute. That is what makes subthemes like Eastern Block and PCS so interesting, especially within context of the larger community. Anyone can come and contribute to the idea of PCS or EB.

If a “subtheme” isnt open to new builders, then it *isn’t* a subtheme. It is a PU. I’m not against PUs - but they dont have the same interest to the community on a whole as subthemes do.

-Lenny