 Space / 29342
Re: New MOC: deep-space exploration SHIP "Beagle"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:14:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson wrote:
Hey everybody -

Finished at last  :-)

She's a medium freighter that's been converted into a long-range exploration
ship and outfitted with everything a crew needs for those long trips.

I've posted far too many pictures. There's a second page:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=63728&n=48

Credit where credit is due. I've been inspired by/stolen ideas from the
following folks:

4D/8D radar dishes, chairs - Paul Hartzog
toilets - Steve Runnels
gonk droid - Eric Kingsley
fleebnork - Mark Sandlin
salad bar, general inspiration - Dan Jassim

...and probably others.

Let me know what you think!

- Paul

So that's what the  unholy spawn of an ISD and one of Dan Jassim's cap ships would look like!  Nicely done.   I love the interior details, especially the bathrooms and the double-thick walls.  The back to back windows add bulk to the hull when viewed from the inside.

It seems a little oddly proportioned though.  It's like it wants to be longer.
It might just be because I'm channeling a Jassim-SHIP when I look at it.  Also,
I think the engines might be a little too over-engreebled.  They just look
cluttered and busy.

You also seem to have made use of a lot of custom stickers.  Whether that's good
or bad is an exercise to the reader :)

Adrian

--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com