 Space / 29378
Re: New MOC: deep-space exploration SHIP "Beagle"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 23:06:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:

   Awesome. I really think you did a good job of making it look Classic Space, but bigger. I love the big ridiculous tail fins on the rear. The front end looks a bit boxy. I would suggest using some hinges and thin wall windows to make a nice large observation lounge or maybe the captain’s quarters in between the sloped bits that stick out in the front.

Glad you like it. I think a big bubble on front sounds kinda luxurious, and I was going for the strictly utilitarian look. I agree that something needs to be done about the boxiness though.

Well it doesn’t feel boxy to me until my eye gets right up to that front area where the corners poke out. Hey, what if you put the big Comm dish on the front? Just a thought.

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator

It would be a perfect spot for a deflector dish of some sort, or a small probe bay.

BTW,Paul, awesome ship. Kudos on the colors too. I love those tan floors, and the use of classic parts throughout the ship is really sweet. (like the clear head doors, etc).

One question: What did you use to make those awesome computer screens? The question has probably been asked. Are they clear stickers on dark trans blue? Really REALLY sweet.

~Trev