 Space / 29408
Re: New MOC: deep-space exploration SHIP "Beagle"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:54:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson wrote:
Hey everybody -

Finished at last  :-)

She's a medium freighter that's been converted into a long-range exploration
ship and outfitted with everything a crew needs for those long trips.

I've posted far too many pictures. There's a second page:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=63728&n=48

Credit where credit is due. I've been inspired by/stolen ideas from the
following folks:

4D/8D radar dishes, chairs - Paul Hartzog
toilets - Steve Runnels
gonk droid - Eric Kingsley
fleebnork - Mark Sandlin
salad bar, general inspiration - Dan Jassim

...and probably others.

Let me know what you think!

- Paul

Paul,

I can but echo most of the other posts, this is a wonderful MOC, full of
playability and everything a scientific team could need for exploring. I would
have loved to make something this good to play with as a kid (now I'd love to
have the time to make something like this).

I can see you spent a lot of time outfitting each room and lab with lots of
details, that really helps. Great work on the droids, too, I rarely see droids
on capital ships, but I think they would help a lot. Great work on the tentacled
space suit/hard suit, too.

One quibble, navigating the shuttle onto the landing pads while avoiding the
tail fins makes me uneasy, especially if it was during a brutal asteroid storm,
the kind that tend to spring up when you need to make an emergency landing.

A second question, I didn't see any firearms or weaponry, what if bug eyed
monsters attack?

Great work, thanks!

George