 Space / 29462
Re: New MOC: deep-space exploration SHIP "Beagle"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:29:12 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim wrote:
Great job, Paul! The Beagle definitely has a refreshing Classic Space meets Star
Wars appeal to it. It kinda reminds me a bit of my Starship Gibraltar, but with
a lot more details and features. You really loaded this model with goodies! I
particularly dig the cargo bay, shuttle bay and science lab (although all of the
features are impressive). The diagrams are also a very nice touch in helping
point the many features. In addition to being a cool model, I think it is an
equally awesome toy as far as playability. I would have loved to have something
like this as a kid!

Some folks commented on the boxiness but I happen to think it suits this
spaceship. As far as the engine detailing, I think you really did an awesome
job. I beleive some had suggested engine coverings. I think the intricate detail
of the engines is a bit too strong visually as far as complimenting your overall
design/motif. But, at the same time, I can see the utilitarian aspects as far as
easy access for repair and so on. So if you change it, I wouldn't suggest
coverings but, instead, maybe just a little "de-greebling."

Anyway, great job on this one. I thoroughly dig it! And thank you for the
recognition. I'm glad I could be of inspiration.

Hey Dan - I'm glad you like it!

There is definitely much of the Gibralter (and Regent) in this one. Looking at
your ships is what made me resolve to build big myself, and I've borrowed
liberally from them. In fact, at one point I considered scrapping the whole
thing because it started to seem like too much a cheap Jassim-ship wannabe
rip-off  :-)

Thanks! - Paul