 Space / 24876
Re: The Ghost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:35:55 GMT

"leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HGE2q7.JG7@lugnet.com...
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=46203 Ghost>

<a lot of great points and examples snipped>

* A great rule, is when you can't use slopes, use greebles.  You've got a • good
  start with some of those hoses and such, but go over board with it.  The • key
  to good greeblage is creativity.  Take Brucey-wan's
  <http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bwhp//space/starflux10.jpg Star Flux> • he's
  using minifig hands, drills, screw drivers and binoculars as details!  A • great
  builder always allows herself to use every piece available!

This I think is one of the most important points.  It's kind of an "if you
can't beat 'em, distract 'em" philosophy and I've discovered it myself
lately.  Much of the artform is not in achieving perfection, but in
distracting from imperfection.  So, this tip can be extended to overall
design.

I've got a MOC I'm working on right now with skids for landing gear (technic
skis, actually).  The rear skid is mounted to the bottom of a plate rather
uncreatively with a 1x1 headlamp brick and a 1x3 33 slope.  Fortunately,
there is a rather large, interesting, highly-begreebled engine right above
that skid.  Now which will you be looking at?  ;)

-- Tom