 Space / 24803
Re: The Ghost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:04:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

  • the secret to a good looking spaceship is curvature! actually, i should put it like this CURVATURE because of how important it is. LEGO has a tendency for the boxy, and it is the job of the spaceship to trancend that boxiness.

Ehhh I don’t know. I think there is a place for boxiness, but there is a trick to it. I’m not even sure if I can tell you what that trick is.

For example:
  • My Gazelle was a pretty boxy ship, but pretty popular in the Space crowd. Trevor in particular loved it.

COOL!

  • My IPS freighter is just as boxy, but it wasn’t as popular. I received a lot of criticism for this one.

That ship is okay.

   Both ships were boxy, but one was popular and the other was not. Maybe some of the other folks around here could tell you what they liked about each one. It could be that the Gazelle just looked like it was meant to be boxy, while the IPS freighter looked like it was meant to be sleek but just didn’t make it there.

IMO, your ship doesn’t look bad so much as it looks unfinished. The engine in the rear is too undefined. It needs a wheel or a trans piece or something to liven it up. The roof is flat bare. Put some junk up there! A radar dish, some vents... stuff!

Yeah, thanks a lot. I’ve recently upgraded the engine space and the afterburner is HUGE (well, not “HUGE” but covers the entire back of the ship)!

   Hope this helps.

-Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks

Your tips helped a LOT. Thanks.

Cheers (*tinkers*)